The future is now! A new world is being created right under our very noses and the only way to access it, is through the computer. It goes by many names but the most common is the metaverse after Facebook announced in late 2021 that it was re-branding its corporate name to Meta.
It is a new virtual space where individuals from across the globe can interact, play, socialize, and even work and shop from the comfort of their own home. All they need to interact with this world is a virtual reality (VR) headset.
The marketing potentials for this universe are unlimited. Things you could not even imagine in the real world are possible in the metaverse. Platinum Online Marketing (POM) is on the cutting edge of this new opportunity. Our enthusiastic digital marketing team can help take your digital marketing plan into this new expanse world to reach an entirely new audience.
Where Did the Metaverse Come From?
The concept of a metaverse – a type of immersive virtual reality world – has been the subject of science fiction for decades. The term “metaverse” was originally coined in Neal Stephenson’s 1992 science fiction novel Snow Crash. In it, the main characters interact with one another in this virtual space using their avatars as stand-ins for themselves.
There have been earlier attempts at creating a virtual world through various programs, and there have even been events held online in virtual spaces. With the onset of the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020, there was an increased need to provide a safe environment where people could still interact without getting into close physical proximity.
The most recent iteration of the metaverse is a centralized virtual world, blending both virtual reality and our physical realm. Unlike previous versions, this one has significant support behind it including major corporations such as Google, Apple, and Facebook. Other businesses and companies have already added credibility to this space by working with specific games to help cross-market their products. It goes beyond simply putting up a few billboards in a game. There are businesses, retail stores, and others that have opened their own buildings within the metaverse where retailers and clients can interact and shop within these cyber buildings.
Traditional money is not the currency that is used in the metaverse, since people from all around the world can access it. Although there are ways to transfer your money and assets from this world to the virtual one and many have begun that process. Cryptocurrency is the money used in the metaverse including non-fungible tokens (NFTs), which are unique units of data created with blockchain technology on a digital ledger.
Various companies, including Facebook, are bringing to market new VR headsets that you will be able to use to gain access to this virtual world. With these headsets you can visit other worlds and other businesses and learn about them in a fun and exciting new way. The marketing potential is boundless. Our imagination and creatively are ready for this virtual space. If you are ready to take that next step into this amazing new world and bring your company into the new century reach out to the digital marketing team at Platinum Online Marketing.
What Marketing Opportunities Are There in the Metaverse?
The metaverse is an opportunity for companies to build virtual offices in this space that will function as immersive websites. The same opportunities are there for you. POM can build that office where potential clients or patients can visit to learn about your practice and the areas of medicine that you cover or the industry that you are in. They can research the different doctors or staff in your office and even conduct a consultation with you right there in the metaverse.
The initial demographic of the metaverse will be a younger one. As it grows in popularity that demographic will naturally diversify. In the early stages, it is a great chance to tap into a younger audience to inform them about your business and opportunities. By offering them hip and exciting experiences, it will draw them in and offer you the break to highlight your services.
Many of the younger generation are reluctant to go to the doctor. Here, they can take that difficult first step without having to go to an office. Others do not see the value in preparing their finances or investing in the future. The metaverse will give you access to these potential clients and patients who may not have been interested in the real world.
Do I Need to Abandon My Digital Marketing Plan?
Your digital marketing plan can still function for you in the real world. It can even work in concert with your metaverse marketing plan. You can continue to use traditional marketing techniques within the metaverse, like purchasing a billboard or creating ad space. Given the potential for creativity in a virtual space, you should not limit your company to those traditional possibilities when so much more exists.
Many others in your industry and others have already made the transition into this new virtual world and have implemented unique concepts to make themselves known to new potential clients and customers. You can do the same. Our digital marketing team will help you get there. Among the concepts that have been executed include:
- Interactive live events: Many companies and even celebrities have performed live events in the metaverse, where they allow customers to interact with them as they provide information abut their services or sponsorship rights.
- Virtual world: Companies have created full immersive worlds that are themed to their product. One company that sells sports apparel branded all their buildings with their logo and provided opportunity for guests to compete in minigames. Of course, there are plenty of shopping opportunities as well.
- Digital collectables: Non-fungible tokens, or NFTs, have become the rage in the metaverse. These digital representations are traded among users. Companies have sponsored these offerings and created loot packs that contain clothes emblazed with their logo for people to dress their avatars in.
- Digital booths: Billboards can no longer just be billboards in the metaverse. While there is opportunity for traditional signage during a sporting event taking place within the virtual world, there is the opportunity to turn that billboard into a digital booth so that potential clients and patients can interact with you.
These are but a few examples of marketing techniques that have been implemented with varying levels of success. Working with our digital marketing team we can help create innovate and unique concepts that can help you stand out in the metaverse ahead of your competition.
Before venturing into this space, there are certain things you need to consider. They are:
- Established community: The metaverse contains groups of people that are close-knit. This is an ideal situation for those looking to market to a repeat audience.
- Partnerships: Look for opportunity to engage in cross-brand collaborations or make a deal with an influencer who can help market your company or practice to their large number of followers.
- The first in: There have already been in-roads made into this space. These company will already have strong digital foundations or already know that the audience they are speaking with or trying to attract.
- Let experience be your guide: See what creators and some of the top NFTs have done when they have entered the space. They are more suited for this and can engaging their marketing techniques to suit their new environment.
- Remember your audience: Those using this technology right now are those from Generation Z and millennials. With that in mind your ads should be more visual than audio.
We have only just scratched the surface on the potential for the metaverse as a marketing tool. Already your competitors are opening offices and creating virtual experiences for their patients and potential clients. You will want to take advantage of this unique and innovate opportunity now. The digital marketing team at Platinum Online Marketing will help with that.
New Jersey Digital Marketing Team at Platinum Online Marketing Will Help Build Your New Office Inside the Metaverse
The metaverse is a boundless source of new and creative ways to market yourself, your business, or your practice. If you are looking to break into the space, the New Jersey digital marketing team at Platinum Online Marketing can help you through the door. We will create an office for you or help you bring whatever marketing plans you want to life inside the metaverse. Call us at 866-818-2251 or contact us online today to schedule a free consultation.
Contact us to get started.
We’d love to hear from you and build out your next dream project. Drop us a line and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can!